Six lectures are planned addressing the topics:
- Key note speech (to be decided)
- Challenges on the Understanding of the Physics of Lightning
- Lightning Parameters
- Representation of the Response of Grounding Electrodes for Lightning Protection Applications
- Advances in Lightning Detection
- Advances in the Assessment of Lightning Performance of Transmission Lines
- Oral session, comprising the presentation of 50 selected papers.
- Dynamic poster session (using micro-projectors at the exhibition area), comprising the presentation of 30 to 60 papers.
- Advantages and Limitations of Existent Lightning Detection Systems.
This GROUND & LPE edition includes 2 workshops:
Workshop Measurement of Tower-footing Impedance/Resistance
This workshop addresses the lightning performance of transmission lines (TL), the requirements of tower-footing electrodes and the methodologies of measurement to qualify the expected response of the electrodes to comply with such requirements.
In this respect, it comprises a first activity consisting of a short course for discussion of the parameters of major relevance on this performance, with focus on the influence of the response of tower-footing electrodes subjected to lightning currents.
An experimental activity complements the workshop: different methodologies for measurement of tower footing impedance/resistance will be applied in a nearby transmission line and their results will be discussed to provide practical guidelines.
Due to the experimental activities, the number of participants is limited and those who register first will have preference.
2nd Workshop on Lightning Detection
In its second version, this workshop, led by INPE and Furnas, will address the present stage of lightning location systems in general and discuss the most recent advances in this field and the perspectives of new developments, by means of a set of activities:
- Lectures by international experts;
- Round tables;
- Presentation of users’ and manufacturers’ experiences.
A technical and commercial exhibition will run in parallel with the sessions, where manufactures, power utilities, consultancies and other enterprises will exhibit their products and demonstrate their services. In this same exhibition area, the dynamic posters will be presented during extended coffee-break periods (40 minutes each).
- Welcome cocktail:
- Entertaining Activity: Brazilian barbecue in Monday afternoon at an enjoyable nearby site;
- Conference Dinner: Wednesday evening (date to be confirmed).
The registration desk will be open on Sunday (May 20) at 5:00 pm.
Just after the Opening Ceremony (beginning at 7:30 pm) and the Key-note Speech, a welcome cocktail will be offered for all the participants.
To be completed soon...