Six lectures are planned addressing the topics:
- Key note speech
- Challenges on the Understanding of the Physics of Lightning
- Lightning Parameters
- Representation of the Response of Grounding Electrodes for Lightning Protection Applications
- Advances in Lightning Detection
- Advances in the Assessment of the Lightning Performance of Transmission Lines
- Oral session, comprising the presentation of 50 selected papers.
- Leaders' features before Lightning Attachment
- Experiences on the use of surge arresters in high-voltage transmission lines
Lightning Performance of Transmission Lines
All aspects of the lightning performance of transmission lines (TL), formerly covered by Brochure 063 of CIGRE, are addressed, according to a new corresponding brochure prepared by CIGRE WG C4.23.
Advances on Lightning Detection – the Brazilian case
This tutorial represents an attempt to continue the activities of previous workshops on “lightning location systems” included in the GROUND & LPE Conferences, in a more objective way due to the limitations due to the scenario of the pandemic.
It addresses the present picture of LLS and discusses the recent advances in this field, along with the specific case of the Brazilian networks.